Introductory Post

Hi, everyone! 

My name is Devanshi, and I am a first-year student intending to major in Psychology. Although I was born in Mumbai, I have lived in Dubai my whole life. I am super excited to be a part of this course this semester and learn something new! I've always enjoyed studying literature and analyzing texts but it has always been limited to English texts. I look forward to broadening my understanding of literature by exploring texts from authors of varying backgrounds and different parts of the world. I am also curious to see how common themes such as society and family are portrayed uniquely in each text. 

To be perfectly honest, I have not heard of any of these authors but this makes the idea of this course more interesting! I love having something new to explore in terms of literature and am glad to be discovering works outside of my comfort zone. It's almost like being introduced to a new culture. 

I had a very different idea of what Romance studies would entail as I was thinking of the literary movement, so I am very grateful for the first lecture to have covered Romance studies and their origins. Moreover, I love the idea of a Romance World or lack thereof! It provides a very unique perspective to understanding and reading the texts this semester. I find it fascinating to see that the effects of Romance languages are almost global, thus widening our scope of knowledge infinitely. 

I look forward to interacting with everyone this semester! 

Devanshi

Comments

  1. Hey Devanshi,

    I am a psychology major too and I've never heard of most of these authors either but I share your opinion that this makes the course more interesting because of it. I find it intriguing how you compare exploring new literature works to being introduced to a new culture because in part, I think literature forms its own unique culture. It's nice to find someone who holds a similar view. Thanks for your blog post, it was a lovely read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Devanshi,
    I am also excited to be exposed to different authors and see what they have in common. The first lecture was very interesting and I'm glad we were given an in dept explanation on what romance studies entails. I look forward to reading your upcoming posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Devanshi,
    I also am a first-year student planning on majoring in psychology! I have not heard of any of these authors either. I am excited to explore these readings and learn more about this course. Looking forward to hearing your opinions on the readings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Proust's 'Combray'

Rodoreda's 'The Time of Doves'

Aragon's 'Paris Peasant'