Final Post

 At the start of this semester, I was unsure of what to expect from the texts. I was excited at the prospect of reading new books every week by authors that I would not have explored otherwise. This course allowed me to become acquainted with more cultures, literary movements, and geographical regions. Moreover, it allowed me to explore new themes such as betrayal, family, and death in unique ways. 


I also thoroughly enjoyed the discussions in class because of the varying opinions that we got to explore. More than anything, I appreciated the fact that we were able to express all of our opinions, both negative and positive. I believe that allowed us to really understand the various layers of the text and analyze the texts in the best way possible. I also enjoyed writing the blog posts and how they allowed us to explore whichever part of the text we felt the strongest about. 


The text that stood out to me from this course would be The Shrouded Woman by María Luisa Bombal. I enjoyed her writing style and the storyline immensely. Moreover, I enjoyed the narration of the plot from beyond the grave. It was unlike anything that I had ever read before, and I enjoyed reading about the family dynamics and relationships of the narrator. 


All in all, I really enjoyed this course and am super glad to have come across it! It allowed me to step outside my comfort zone with the books I read and definitely honed my critical thinking skills. It was great meeting and interacting with everyone :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proust's 'Combray'

Rodoreda's 'The Time of Doves'

Aragon's 'Paris Peasant'